Your new company
They are a Christchurch-based law firm, and over the past century they have built a reputation for maintaining close and dependable relationships with our clients, in many cases enjoying the privilege of assisting several generations of the same family with all of their legal needs.
Your new role
In this full-time role (alternative arrangements may be considered), you will be expected to manage all trust account functions pertaining to the firm's trust account. This role is best suited to someone with at least 3 years trust accounting experience, an energy for learning, and a strong drive for delivering the best client experience. Good computer skills would also assist in this role, as would knowledge of Infinitylaw.
In applying for this role, it is expected that you will have prior trust account experience, including meeting the role requirements below.
Your role will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- The leadership and management of a small team.
- Ensuring the trust account is balanced, reconciled and reported on a daily/monthly basis.
- Checking and processing all trust account payments including international payments, direct credits, same day cleared payments and journals in a timely manner, ensuring cleared funds are available.
- Processing interest bearing deposits, withdrawals and term deposits.
- Ensuring incoming funds are correctly receipted and reconciled.
- Processing client invoices.
- Performing regular reviews of dormant balances, miscellaneous monies and other trust account exception reports.
- Ensuring all trust account transactions are posted correctly and all source documents are signed where required to meet audit requirements.
- Preparing and balancing the trust account at month end including preparation of NZLS monthly and quarterly returns for the QA & Trust Manager and TAS.
- Training other staff as required on relevant trust account functions such as billing and electronic transaction requests.
- Supporting, training and managing the Accounts Administrator and other accounts staff as required and in conjunction with the Quality Assurance & Trust Manager and Finance Manager.
- Undertake accounts related project work.
They are looking for someone who is well organised, process drive and able to work independently. You will be a great communicator with excel interpersonal skills. Your reliability and initiative will be valued, your attention to detail will be important and your ideas will always be welcomed.
What you'll get in return
You will be supported with a work/life balance, rewards in terms of service and remuneration. They offer a very competitive salary/benefits packages with a strong and wider community engagement/involvement.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.