Your new company:
As part of a large building and construction group in New Zealand, ‘Build Modular’ is an ambitious and innovative company, aiming to become a leader in the design, manufacture, and delivery of offsite manufactured apartments within New Zealand. Our aim is to help solve New Zealand’s housing deficit, by using world-leading technology to enable off-site mass production of affordable family homes.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to manage and lead the Carpentry team for the Build Modular production facility in Wiri, South Auckland, which will produce finished modular apartments, ready to be installed and commissioned on-site.
You will work closely with the senior team (including team leaders, carpenters, and hammer hands; set the technical standards for the teams through the in-factory construction of modules and ensure the projects run safely and efficiently through the production line to produce timber framed apartments units. These completed apartment modules are designed for manufacturing and assembled (DFMA) and meet all New Zealand Building Code requirements.
You will get to work in a clean, well-managed progressive factory environment, with no scaffolding to climb and have scheduled, structured hours based at our Wiri factory, your shifts will be from Monday to Friday 6am-3:30pm. You will be trained in lean manufacturing, working alongside very experienced manufacturing professionals, with an opportunity to progress your career within a revolutionary global industry.
- Health & Safety is a priority in all aspects of this role
- Technical lead for carpentry, able to resolve any construction related query for the building team.
- Manage and lead the carpentry trade within the OSM plant in Wiri
- Work with the QA; Logistics and Purchasing Managers to coordinate supply of materials, and ensure the units are built to exacting standards.
- Work closely with Plumbing and Electrical team leaders to ensure the flow of production through the factory is optimised to programme
- Ability to read and understand engineers & architectural plans, manufacturing specifications and other technical drawings to ensure the carpentry team build to plans accurately and with precision
- Be a hands-on mentor, working alongside your team to build fully completed apartment units to all NZ and building code requirements.
- Work closely with Auckland Council site inspectors to provide all required documentation and ensure we pass every inspection with ease
Skills and experience
- You will have current LBP certification
- Have the ability to read and understand technical details to solve problems for the team as they arise
- You will ideally be currently working in the new build residential/domestic sector at a commercial scale
- Commitment to H&S; quality and a passion for solving problems
- You must be a qualified carpenter that can demonstrate suitable work experience within the residential sector working with timber as the structural component.
- Have led teams to produce high quality work
- Experience in working in an agile environment in a team leader role, including working with cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You must be a permanent resident or NZ citizen to apply as we are not yet an accredited employer
- Create a culture of excellence through continuous improvement & achievement as these relate to people, the production process and agility
- Accountability, Responsibility & Honesty is valued
- You are passionate about continuous improvement
- Be fun & enjoy teamwork
- Engaging, enjoy your team & going to work
Click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com or call 098841585
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career