Your new company
This company is a global leader in designing and delivering critical communications solutions which are the right fit for a variety of industries including; public safety agencies, government services, utilities, extractive industries and urban transport providers. Across the world, users of products and services are better able to protect themselves and the public, be more responsive and more productive.
While several corporate functions are based in Christchurch, New Zealand, the company prides itself on its international customer base and global support network. The company works with a network of sales offices, dealers, system integrators and consultants that spans the globe.
Your new role
This role is accountable for the day-to-day management of tax compliance and treasury to ensure appropriate management of risk.
Outcome: Undertake tax compliance and consulting work as required.
• Review and act as backup for the preparation of GST, NRWT and FBT returns for the New Zealand entities.
• Prepare or work with external advisors for the preparation of income tax returns for the New Zealand entities
• Preparation of the tax calculations for financial reporting purposes.
• Provide a review and co-ordination role with the Regions as to their tax affairs ensuring timely and accurate filing.
• Work with the CFO, Regional Financial Controllers and external tax advisors to provide tax advice as required.
2. Cash Management and Funding
Outcome: Contribute to the management of cash resources and funding, providing appropriate visibility and regular reporting.
• On a daily basis, review the cash flow spreadsheet, based on this review transfer cash to optimise the Group cash position.
• Prepare daily/weekly reporting on the Group cash position and cash flow forecasts
• Assist the CFO with the renewal of bank facilities
• Review, and act as backup, for treasury accounting (ban and FX) processing and banking system administration
• Prepare bond/guarantee applications and review letters of credit to banks
Outcome: Contribute to the ongoing management of the Group's exposure to foreign exchange risk, operating within the guidelines set out by the Board approved Treasury Policy as well as manage insurance risk
• Work with the CFO in determining a suitable hedging strategy for the Group and ensuring the hedging strategy is implemented, monitored and reported in accordance with the Group Treasury Risk Management Policy.
• Keep up to date with views of exchange rates and liase with the independent treasury adviser.
• Manage foreign exchange contracts and specific/general exposures within the Hedgebook tool.
• Instruct banks to buy and sell currency, place orders, and deliver deals in spot and forward markets
• Provide day to day support to staff of company insurances (such as claims or queries). Contribute to the risk mitigation provided by the insurance program and prepare the annual liability insurance renewal.
• Assist with financial year-end reporting and ensure NZ IFRS requirements are met for the areas above
• Ad hoc tasks, projects and analyses as required.
• Participate in cross functional project teams as required.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #2652450