Your new company
This civil engineering company is dedicated to providing comprehensive and dependable services in the areas of contracting and subcontracting.Private ownership ensures their clients get the personal attention, unhindered decision making and delivery of promises they expect.
They specialise in Land Development, Drainage, Site works and Bulk excavation.
Your new role
You will Supervise and manage the work carried out on the civil engineering, construction and redevelopment sites in accordance with the specific deadlines.
What you'll need to succeed
A construction supervisor is required to carry out the following tasks and duties:
What you'll get in return
- supervise and manage all labour, plants, equipment, machinery and subcontractors
- Ensure production and quality targets are met on time and to a suitable standard or workmanship.
- Liase with the company engineering staff and client representatives to ensure the contacted scope of work is fully understood and and variations are identified.
- Plan resources requirements and liase with company management to obtain the necessary consents.
- Keep project management informed of the project status , Highlighting deviations and plans.
- Anticipate potential problem areas, and analyze and recommend solutions or correct actions.
- Prepare and /or review schedules, engineering methods and procedures as assigned.
- carry out weekly toolbox meeting on health and safety issues.
- Ensure time sheets for staff are completed and submitted to head office.
- Maintain good relations with client representatives, consultants and any local authority representatives.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory regulations and legislation relating to the work being carried out.
- Manage health and safety practices and procedures on site and maintain a safe and clean environment at all times.
In return you will be supported by the company with career progression and will be offered a above market salary.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact Michael Sutcliffe on 09 884 1570 or email Michael.Sutcliffe@hays.net.nz.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.