Bay of Plenty Regional Council is passionate about ensuring our region and our people thrive together. Our Region spans across beautiful coastlines, forests, and lakes from Waihī Beach to Cape Runaway. Our communities are growing, and it is a great place to live, work and play.
With regional and urban growth comes new opportunities and challenges. Our need for transport planning is greater than ever.
We are looking for a Senior Transport Planner, who brings with them a passion for integrating urban and transport solutions. This is a key role in strengthening our region and connecting our community.
As an experienced Transport Planner, you’ll be joining the Transport and Urban Planning team, who are passionate about working together to shape our community. You will be part of a team where you can strongly influence travel behaviour across the region with our communities and make a real impact. You will take a leading role in efficiently and effectively developing and implementing transport policy, plans and strategies and urban development matters across our region and will be joining a team who collaborates and learns together.
The role is varied and interesting and in any one day you will;
- Provide specialist advice and reporting to guide our transport planning and contribute to significant transport and urban business cases
- Engage with our stakeholders, community and customers as we plan transport to enable people to get where they need to be
- Lead or be part of projects do to with land use, urban development and transport planning
- Research local, national and international transport-related trends and issues
- Maintain close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, communities and customers, particularly with our city and district councils
We are looking for a team player who is passionate about using their skills to make a difference. The qualifications and key skills we look for are:
- Proven experience in delivering policy, advice and projects which have enabled behaviour change is essential, within the public and/or private sector
- Strong understanding of the business case process with experience of delivering significant inputs to them
- Understands local government policy development processes
- Strategic understanding of the land use planning, urban development and transport interface, including social, economic, cultural and environmental issues
- Strong oral and written communication skills with an ability to connect and engage with stakeholders, at all levels, including senior leaders, principal advisors, elected members and other key stakeholders, both internal and external
- Ability to anticipate change, apply initiative and remain flexible
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree and strong post-qualification experience in transport planning/policy
- A valid driver’s licence
The Bay of Plenty Regional Council is responsible for land, air and water as well as public transport, land transport policy and economic development. We have an overview function for urban development and transport under our Regional Policy Statement. A major focus of our work involves looking after the environment. We manage the effects of people’s use of freshwater, land, air and coastal water. However, we also have a broader responsibility with others for the economic, social and cultural well-being of the regional community. The
- The opportunity to make a direct difference to peoples’ daily lives
- Varied work across the Bay of Plenty Region
- Wellbeing initiatives
- A supportive team and organisational culture
- We are open to flexible working arrangements for this role, such as part-time hours, job share
How to Apply Click APPLY NOW or contact Elizabeth McNicholas on 021 341 046 for a confidential discussion or email firstname.lastname@example.org