Bay of Plenty Regional Council is passionate about ensuring our region and our people thrive together. Our Region spans across beautiful coastlines, forests, and lakes from Waihī Beach to Cape Runaway. Our communities are growing, and it is a great place to live, work and play.
With regional and urban growth comes new opportunities and challenges and our need for transport planning is greater than ever.
We are looking for a Public Transport Planner to efficiently and effectively develop and implement public transport strategies, business cases, services, projects and operational plans. In addition to planning the public transport network of the future, this position also provides specialist public transport advice to ensure the Council meets it statutory requirements in relation to public transport services.
As a Senior Public Transport Planner, you’ll be joining the Transport and Urban Planning team, who are passionate about working together to shape our community. You will be part of team where you can strongly influence travel behaviour across the region with our communities and make a real impact. You will take a lead role in public transport planning for the region
The role is varied and interesting and in any one day you will;
- Provide specialist advice on service delivery models and best practice for public transport networks with the aim to develop improved public transport services, supporting integrated and sustainable growth strategies within the Bay of Plenty region
- Engage with our stakeholders, community and customers as we plan transport to enable people to get where they need to be
- Provide leadership and direction to public transport projects including the use of technology to improve service efficiency and customer service
- Research local, national and international transport-related trends and issues
- Maintain close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including public transport operators, local authorities, communities and customers
We are looking for a team player who is passionate about using their skills to make a difference. The qualifications and key skills we look for are:
- Proven experience in planning, involving a wide range of public transport work
- Excellent analytical and research skills, including qualitative and quantitative analysis. You will have the ability to effectively gather multiple sources of information and apply your skills to make effective decision
- Appreciation of the requirements of a robust business case and experience in contributing to them
- Professional and technical appreciation of service planning principles and processes
- Strong working knowledge of transport models and their inter-relationship between land use and travel
- Ability to anticipate change, remain flexible and to be innovative
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree and strong post-qualification experience in transport planning with a genuine passion for public transport
- A valid driver’s licence
The Bay of Plenty Regional Council is responsible for land, air and water as well as public transport, land transport policy and economic development. We have an overview function for urban development and transport under our Regional Policy Statement. A major focus of our work involves looking after the environment. We manage the effects of people’s use of freshwater, land, air and coastal water. However, we also have a broader responsibility with others for the economic, social and cultural well-being of the regional community.
- The opportunity to make a direct difference to peoples’ daily lives
- Varied work across the Bay of Plenty Region
- Wellbeing initiatives
- A supportive team and organisational culture
- We are open to flexible working arrangements for this role, such as part-time hours, job share.
How to Apply Click APPLY NOW or contact Elizabeth McNicholas on 021 341 046 for a confidential discussion or email: email@example.com