Your new company
This company offers a multi-cultural, inclusive and professional workplace whilst maintaining a positive and passionate attitude. As a well established, successful, family owned construction company specialising in commercial, infrastructure and residential markets across New Zealand. This national construction business prides itself on commitment to its people, quality and health and safety.
Your new role
The Christchurch team has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and energetic Project Manager. To join their established team. Due to organic growth, the ideal candidate should have a positive attitude, who thrives on challenges, a team player, is down to earth and possess a strong work ethic. Key to this role is for you to efficiently and diligently carryout the management, planning, implementation, and checking of all on-site construction personnel and activities to ensure Projects are completed on time, within budget without compromising quality or safety.
- Holds the skills to be an effective communicator to a range of people working onsite as well as local industry stakeholders
- Can manage all aspects of the construction site and uses initiatives to improve site performance
- Will drive an industry leading team to be efficient, hardworking and fun to deliver the high standards we pride ourselves on.
- A strong focus on health and safety management to minimise risks and enhances the ‘safe work environment’
- Effectively manage project management processes onsite
- Organises, and monitors the set-up and operation of necessary site establishment
- Track performance of construction programme and costs are kept to budget
- Project performance requirements are met on an on-going basis
- Practices effective environmental management
As Senior Project Manager, you will work closely with company management and take responsibility for the delivery of your allocated projects incorporating all aspects of safety, program, commercial, and quality issues, whilst maintaining and developing stakeholder relationships. You will need a strong knowledge of building techniques with an ability to solve construction issues. You will have well developed communication skills, along with the ability to lead and motivate the entire project team. This role will suit someone skilled at achieving results. You will be supported by a committed site team and senior management.
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate is an experienced commercial construction Project Manager a proven track record in managing new construction, fit-out and refurbishment projects in excess of $5M.
- Related industry Qualification is preferred as well as significant hands on experience
What you'll get in return
- A proven background working on multiple projects
- Excellent communications and organisational skills, along with strong business acumen
- Proven planning and program management
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Finance and budget skills
- Is passionate about health & safety
- Working to the highest standard of excellence you will be a manager who also believes in also supporting and developing their team
- Proficient in MS Project, Aconex etc
This business is a values based, family friendly company that aim for their staff to have a good work-life balance. Renowned for the long-term tenure of their employees, they are committed to the development, coaching and mentoring of staff providing career progression and professional development opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role please contact Natasha Anderson on 03-6695518 or email a CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this job isn’t right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #2571827