Your new company
Work for one of New Zealand's largest retailers, operating in every part of the country. Large finance team with very low staff turnover.
Your new role
This role is responsible for:
What you'll need to succeed
- the provision of accurate and timely financial and management information for the legal entities
- providing support to the Financial Controller and Commercial Manager to facilitate the achievement of financial objectives.
- compliance with Group policies and reporting requirements; and compliance with statutory reporting and compliance requirements across all legal entities including the franchise entities.
What you'll get in return
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Commerce/Accounting.
- NZICA recognized Chartered Accountant qualification and/or 5-10 years’ experience in financial accounting / management roles.
- Strong leadership capability in leading the transaction and financial accounting processes
- Strong systems experience – JDE and Hyperion would be advantageous
- Strong experience in application of internal controls
- Strong experience in understanding and application of International Financial Standards
- High level knowledge of and experience in application of NZ tax regimes e.g. Income Tax, GST, FBT
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to spot trends/anomalies/errors in data sets and reports.
This role will start immediately and will run for about 3-4 months, or for the right person may go permanent. Carparking onsite and a WFH Policy of 2-3 days pw. Flexi time available too.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.