Your new company
This is a well-renown global business which has multiple business streams however the NZ head office focuses on just two of these. A sizable team based out in Porirua, this organisation offer some excellent employee perks as well as a flexible and trusting working environment. This organisation are looking for someone who is able to start on short notice as a contractor, and will be looking for a permanent employee in the long-term.
Your new role
Reporting into the Finance Manager within a friendly team of five, you will work alongside a secondary Senior Financial Accountant and will ultimately be responsible for the internal and external financial reporting and statutory compliance for just one of the business streams. This busy and varied role will grow over time however your core responsibilities will be to:
What you'll need to succeed
- Work with the settlements team in order to maintain the general ledger
- Work with the Asset Accountant to ensure accurate accruals of the WIP
- Produce accurate financial reports including cost allocations
- Provide a weekly cashflow forecast
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations
- Work with Commercial Finance to prepare forecasts, reports and budgets
- Prepare year-end financial reports as necessary
- Assist with external audits where necessary
- Support with the Systems Accounting responsibilities i.e. month end close, user access maintenance, general ledger chart maintenance and end of year system rollover process
In order to be considered for this role it would be ideal if you hold a relevant tertiary qualification (i.e. CPA, CA, ACCA) however candidates who are qualified by experience will also be considered. You must be confident in international financial reporting standards with prior experience in a similar role. You must be tech savvy and will ideally have used Technology One or PeopleSoft software along with intermediate/advanced Excel functions.
What you'll get in return
Opportunities within this highly reputable organisation do not arise often as the employee retention rate is extremely high! You will be able to work flexibly between the Porirua office and your own home and all equipment to allow you to do so will be provided.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact me now on 048863834 / email@example.com
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #2649671