Your new company :
Our client a New Zealand owned and operated transport company is a market leader in the industry since the last 50 years and is continuing to grow their employee strength. They are currently looking for a senior diesel mechanic for their workshop in Wiri for trucks only.
Your new role:
The overview of your position is to execute and deliver a high standard of performance in all the duties that you undertake in relation to vehicle mechanics, to be carried out in a competent, timely and safe manner using best standards industry practice.
What you'll need to succeed :
- Appropriate automotive industry certification
- Knowledge of automotive and heavy equipment diagnosis and repair
- Perform preventative maintenance and tune ups with the view to prevent future breakdowns.
- Perform necessary inspection and repairs to bring vehicles into compliance with all relevant legislation and certification
- Skill in operating and using industry related tools and machines
- Pre – COF inspection/maintenance checks
- Oil changes and grease trucks/Utes/vehicles.
- Clean full driver’s licence up to class 5
- Attend all trainings, inductions, health and safety meetings and any other meetings as requested
- Complete all daily timesheets, job cards and truck maintenance sheets
- A great attitude goes a long way
- No previous or pending convictions
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Must be physically fit and strong
- Be able to provide us with at least 2 professional references.
- You must be currently living in New Zealand and hold a New Zealand Drivers licence to be eligible for this role
What you'll get in return
- Permanent employment which is classed as an essential service and remains operational
- This role is full time working Monday – Friday and Saturdays on a roster
- Day and Night shift options subject to availability
- Working in a fast-paced environment
- Be a part of a growing team
- An opportunity to innovate and implement new ideas
- Be able to exercise continuous and process improvement
- Provision for growth depending on performance and meeting K.P.I’s
- Learning and development
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.