Your new company
This government organisation is well-known as a great place to work; they are passionate about shaping a better city and improving Aucklander's lives. Their diverse and inclusive workforce is made up of forward-thinking individuals who bring expertise and innovative solutions to business problems.
Your new role
As their Senior Data Scientist you will work closely with the Data Scientist Lead to provide direction and expertise on how to tackle complex business problems through statistical data analysis techniques, data science, and machine learning.
You'll play an active role in developing the data science team capabilities, mentoring and coaching junior and intermediate team members. Moreover, you will work closely with the wider data and analytics team in supporting a strong data-driven culture within the business.
What you'll need to succeed
You will bring experience as a Senior Data Scientist and expertise in managing end-to-end data science and AI projects (from proof of concept to deployment/implementation), including designing, building, and deploying predictive analytics models using machine learning.
You will be proficient with:
What you'll get in return
- Python, PySpark
- Tools and technologies such as Vertica, Knime, Tensorflow or similar.
- Applying NLP and NLU concepts (Topic modelling, sentiment analysis, Topic classification...)
- Solution design and building ML pipelines - using SQL, Non-SQL, and Big Data.
- Data storytelling and visualisation (Power BI or similar)
- Designing and building data pipelines in cloud platforms.
Opportunity to work for an organisation that is shaping the present and future of Auckland. You will be joining an inclusive and supportive team working in an agile and highly collaborative environment. Some of the great benefits that this role offers are:
What you need to do now
- Competitive base salary of up to $130,000/year
- Flexibility - you can be located anywhere in NZ.
- Individual Development Plan - ongoing training and career development.
- 10 days of sick/domestic leave per year available from your first day of work.
- Full salary paid for 26 weeks of parental leave (meeting eligibility criteria).
- Accredited employer.
- Annual health checks & free flu jabs.
- Health and wellbeing initiatives, training and resources.
- Discounts for life and medical insurance, Dental and optometry services, on-site massages, yoga classes, hearing checks, banking and home loan services, gym membership, and more!
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
**Please note that only applicants who currently hold the legal right to live and work in New Zealand will be considered** #2620961