Your new company
My client is one of New Zealand's largest developers who have been successfully operating in New Zealand and Australia for nearly 40 years. They are a very successful business and have experienced continued growth in their sector. Due to this growth, there is now an opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join the head office in Christchurch.
Your new role
As a Quantity Surveyor you will be working on multi-million dollar developments throughout New Zealand and working on a range of construction projects from concept plans to final account.
What you'll need to succeed
- Develop estimates from first principles
- Prepare bills of quantities and cost control
- Manage the compilation of tender submissions
- Preliminary design and construct review/cost analysis
- Benchmarking costs and ensuring value engineering
- Document and facilitate sub-contractor and supplier packages inclusive of any tender addendums or clarification notices and analysis of quotations
- Respond to subcontractor enquiries, claims and develop relationship
- Issue proper documented purchase orders
- Coordinating payments and variations
- Assisting in the project forecasting
- Ensure monthly financial reporting requirements are met
- Post tender client negotiation / contract analysis
- Establish and maintain cost basis for estimating
- Manage variation costs and delivery
You will possess excellent time management and communication skills and be able to build strong relationships with suppliers and subcontractors while working with the various internal business units and people to deliver the customer's needs at the highest level. This role requires a commitment to providing outstanding quality and timely customer service.
What you'll get in return
- 5+ years’ experience from a main contractor within a Quantity Surveying role
- A relevant Quantity Surveying qualification
- A strong knowledge of systems and Excel
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously
- A natural problem solver
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of New Zealand's largest developers with guaranteed and continued work.
What you need to do now
For further information please contact Natasha Anderson on 03-669-5518 or email your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org #2636954