Your new company
This thriving construction business specialises in construction projects ranging in size from less than $1M to $25M+ and often with great complexity. They operate in both the private and public sectors delivering commercial fit-outs, refurbishments and new construction projects in Canterbury. If you are looking for variety of work, stability, work life balance and long term employment, with the opportunity to develop your career, then look no further.
Your new role
The ideal candidate is an experienced commercial construction Project Manager with 5 to 10 year’s proven track record in managing new construction, fit-out and refurbishment projects in excess of $5M.
As Project Manager, you will work closely with company management and take responsibility for the delivery of your allocated projects incorporating all aspects of safety, program, commercial, and quality issues, whilst maintaining and developing stakeholder relationships. You will need a strong knowledge of building techniques with an ability to solve construction issues.
You will have well developed communication skills, along with the ability to lead and motivate the entire project team. This role will suit someone skilled at achieving results. You will be supported by a committed site team and senior management.
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- You will be either trade or tertiary qualified and have project management experience working on commercial construction projects in excess of $5M+
- A proven background working on multiple projects
- Excellent communications and organisational skills, along with strong business acumen
- Proven planning and program management
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Finance and budget skills
- Is passionate about health & safety
- Working to the highest standard of excellence you will be a manager who also believes in also supporting and developing their team
This business is a values based, family friendly company that aim for their staff to have a good work-life balance. Renowned for the long-term tenure of their employees, they are committed to the development, coaching and mentoring of staff providing career progression and professional development opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, email firstname.lastname@example.org call me for a confidential conversation 03-669-5518.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.