Your new company
This company is one of New Zealand’s leading volume home builders. As a brand, it is known for building well-constructed, modern and sustainable residential housing for families and communities to flourish. We have an unmatched record of delivery and quality.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Ensure construction quality standards, plan specifications and Council standards are achieved in accordance with MGH quality management system policies and procedures.
- Ensure each job is started and completed within the agreed schedule.
- Ensure all variations are costed, cost-recovered, included and delivered to the agreed time, quality, and specification.
- Ensure all relevant infomation is entered into and managed through HUMMER as the key IT support software for all MGH work
- Ensure profit margins are protected during construction.
- Ensure workload and priorities across all jobs are managed
- Generate a collaborative, effective and positive work environment.
- Coach others and provide support and assistance.
- Manage H&S on all builds, sites, all people on sites, and in all aspects of the build process.
- Ensure construction sites have been set up correctly with temporary fencing, MGH hazard board, safety box with plans and a site-specific safety plan.
- Conduct and record weekly safety inspections on each of their construction sites.
What you'll get in return
- Tertiary qualification in Project Management or similar in the construction sector, or equivalent experience.
- Strong working knowledge of the NZ Building Code, NZ Standards (including NZS3604:2011) and the land development/construction process.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the residential construction industry essential.
- Project Management experience essential.
- A minimum of 2+ years’ project management experience in the residential construction industry preferred.
- Experience working with clients and subcontractors essential.
- Health and Safety experience in construction preferable.
What you need to do now
- Training and support offered to progress in your career
- National opportunities
- Great team culture
If you're interested in this role,please contact me on 027 258 6331 or email me at Michael.Sutcliffe@hays.net.nz or you can click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.