Your new company
IAG live by their values and as a supportive, people-centred organisation, you will love being part of the team. As a member of the IAG family, you will pride yourself on providing an exceptional customer experience over the phone. You will build engagement and new connections with your customers to understand their needs and be able to help them protect what is most important to them.
Your journey with IAG will provide you with opportunities to develop your skills and expertise.
As the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, we own some of New Zealand's most trusted brands, including State, AMI, Lumley and partnering with some of New Zealand's leading banks.
Roles and Responsibilities
IAG strive to exceed the expectations of their customers through professionalism and integrity; putting the customer at the centre of everything they do. You will achieve this by:
Skills and Experience:
- Taking inbound calls from our customers to proactively identify personal needs and value-add opportunities
- Providing excellent customer service experiences; providing effective query resolution and appropriate solutions
- Focusing on Motor, Home and Contents offerings
- Coordinating with the Underwriting team to identify best solutions for customers' personal needs
- Developing and maintaining insurance product and systems technical knowledge; including any risk and compliance requirements
- Ensuring accuracy and completeness of customer information
- Actively participating as a constructive contributor with your immediate team and IAG colleagues to deliver on our purpose and strategy
We are looking for individuals with a strong customer service background that can display the following skills and experience:
- Effective communication skills: Active listening, verbal and written
- Passionate about helping people and building relationships
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Previous customer service experience i.e Hospitality, Retail or Call Centre.
- Experience in the Insurance and/or Finance industry (desirable not essential)
In recognition of your contribution to us, we'd love to share with you our generous benefits that will help make your world a safer place.
- $500 health and wellness benefit each year after the first 12 months
- Up to 50% Insurance discounts, partnering retailer discounts
- All computer equipment provided by IAG
- Comprehensive training, coaching and mentoring provided
- Career pathways development opportunities
- Inclusive and supporting work environment
- Permanent full time, 37.5 hour working week
- Work 5 days over a 7-day rotational roster
- Operating hours are anywhere between Monday - Friday, 8am - 8pm; Saturday - Sunday 8am - 8pm
- You will be made aware of your roster 4 weeks in advance
This opportunity requires you to work from home as well as in the office at least once a week. However, to be considered you must meet the following work from home requirements:
- Broadband with unlimited data
- Minimum upload speed of 5Mb (but recommend 10Mb) and download speed of 20Mb, Jitter less than 30 milliseconds - https://www.chorus.co.nz/speed-test
- Live an hours distance from one of our IAG offices.
Ready for anything? Let's Talk.
What you need to do now
To start your career journey with IAG simply click 'Apply Now' Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions. Please note, applications will not be accepted via this email address #2637728