Your new company
This MSP company is a respected name in the IT Technology Industry and offers services across various industry segments. They are looking for an expert Network Data Engineer to pioneer a network uplift project in their client’s organisation. This client is one of New Zealand’s most prominent FMCG and Manufacturing companies.
Your new role
As the Network Data Engineer, you will work as the sole point of contact for this project and be tasked with upgrading their entire enterprise network system. While you will be working very independently in this role, you will receive support from various technical teams within the organisation so you will need to have excellent communication skills and be adept at handling technical escalations.
What you'll need to succeed
Expert level knowledge of:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience
- Experience working at an enterprise level environment
- Design implementation and management of SDWAN (one or more of Meraki, Viptela, Silverpeak etc.)
- Design implementation and management of WAN, routers, switches
- Extensive knowledge of WAN technologies, including BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VPN, QoS, Cisco Routers, IPSEC, VPN, SDWAN
- Extensive knowledge of LAN switching technologies, including VSS, OPF, Cisco 38XX, catalyst 9l, 68XX, 4500, Nexus switches TCP/IP, OSI Certification
- Ability to explain and gather knowledge for medium to complex projects
- Participate in design discussions
- Ability to create and provide detailed documentation
- Configuration and installation of Network devices and services
- Strong technical skills, CCNA certifications is an advantage
- Basic knowledge in Python and shell scripting
What you'll get in return
6 month contract, likely to extend
Auckland CBD location
Work on an exciting network uplift project for one of NZ's leading FMCG organisations
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
**Please note only NZ residents or citizens will be considered for this role**