Your new company
Located a 10 minute drive from Christchurch Airport.
This company is 100% NZ Owned and prides itself on the quality and sustainability of their diverse range of high quality products.
They are currently looking to expand their tightknit engineering team and are hoping to find a maintenance engineer looking for a long-term career.
Your new role
No two days will be the same in this large factory, you will be working closely with the other engineers to always be one step ahead of any faults within the plant.
Your average day will consist of:
Monday to Friday - 2 Shift patterns available:
- Reactive and proactive mechanical maintenance.
- Completing and updating maintenance and engineering records for all work performed.
- Diagnosing faults and identifying process improvements.
- Carrying out relocations, installations, fabrication and modifications within the workshop and factory.
What you'll need to succeed
Day shift: 6:00am/7:00am – 3:00/4:00pm
Afternoon shift: 1:00pm/2:00pm – 9:00pm/10:00pm
What you'll get in return
- You will hold a trade qualification such as a Fitter/Welder / have a solid mechanical or engineering background.
- A great attitude and work ethic.
- Fantastic communication skills to communicate effectively with colleagues.
- Ability to use your initiative.
- A high level of safety awareness and hazard management.
- Eager to learn and improve your knowledge and skillset.
What you need to do now
- Work within a friendly environment where everyone looks after each other.
- Company BBQ during the summer.
- Parking available.
- Competitive salary – based on experience, with room for growth over time.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #2644387