Our client is a European based global convenience bakery that offers the perfect range of products and services for in-store bakery solutions for global food retail chain. They have achieved growth and success through the development of state-of-the-art bakeries, and by engaging innovative teams that combine their expertise in: culinary research and development, marketing, consumer insights, people safety, food safety, quality, engineering, logistics, procurement, and sustainability.
Purpose of this Role :
This multi functional fast paced role would require you to effectively manage Install, maintain and fault find all equipment on site at the production plant.
- Assists in maintaining the facility and equipment in a safe and operational state of readiness at all times in order to meet daily production requirements
- Carry out preventive maintenance program and effective breakdown repairs in a way that will minimize plant downtime
- Be proactive in identifying problem areas before those problems manifest themselves
- Able to assist in the implementation of new ideas and new equipment
- Helps maintain the engineering department’s workshop and equipment on an ongoing basis and participates in housekeeping practices
- Work in a safe and controlled way ensuring your own safety as well as the safety of others
- Carry out your work in a way that promotes quality and food safety in line with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
- Participate in and encourage teamwork within the engineering team and other departments at Fresh Start
- Participate in an effective handover between shifts
- Assist in the development of other maintenance staff especially apprentices where applicable and to ensure that knowledge is shared.
- To carry out such other tasks as may from time to time be required
What you'll need to succeed
- You must have minimum 5 years of experience in related filed
- Must be flexible for weekly roster and be able to work in day and night shifts
- Having worked in a FMCG/Food or Pharmaceutical industry background would be ideal
- Must be physically fit to work in a fast paced environment
- Competent welder using TIG, MIG, Stick, Oxy Acetylene
- Competent using Lathe & milling machines
- Competent following Pneumatic & Hydraulic schematics
- Be able to work at confined spaces and heights
- Participate in open and fair communication within the engineering team and other teams
- Carry out work using all safety procedures including Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO)
- Appropriate Trade Qualification (New Zealand or Equivalent).
- Post Trade courses relevant to the Engineering trade.
- Ensure all Health & Safety standards are always maintained
- Must be an effective and clear communicator verbally and written
- Must be a resident /citizen of New Zealand
- Have your own reliable transport
- Be able to provide 2 professional references
- You MUST be currently living in New Zealand and be eligible to work full-time to apply for this position.
What you'll get in return
- Full-time permanent job opportunity
- Reporting directly to the Engineering manager
- Be able to work during lock downs as their business is classed as an essential service
- 6 monthly reviews and yearly appraisals depending on K.P.I's
- Quick recruitment process
- Great internal career opportunities
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Dornford @T: +64 (0) 9 8841540.