Your new company
Our client is a well established company working as the primary contractor to some of New Zealand’s leading companies. Due to a period of growth, they have a new opportunity for a dedicated Health and Safety Manager to join them.
Your new role
Working closely with Managers, you'll provide comprehensive H&S advice and expertise, enforcing all practices on site and reviewing and revising all aspects of H&S within the organisation to drive the culture of zero harm.
- Manage all aspects of the Safety Management System
- Produce a comprehensive H&S strategy
- Plan, implement and coordinate Strategic and tactical safety programmes
- Meeting health and safety obligations under the new Health & Safety Legislation
- Provide recommendations for change and continuous improvement
- Provide recommendations of best practise framework
- Risk profiling/management
- Facilitate and present training for all employees in the areas of Health, Safety and Wellbeing
- Facilitate incident investigations and conducting risk assessments
- Lead injury management coordination and return to work programmes
- Toolbox talks
- Facilitating of internal and external HSEQ audits and inspections.
What you'll need to succeed
- Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (Level 4)/NEBOSH International General Certificate) or similar
- Qualifications in training (Train the Trainer/Assessor) and/or incident instigations (ICAM) and/or lead auditing would be a great advantage.
- Preferably with experience and knowledge of ACC WSMP, working construction site risks and trades associated such as working at heights, confined spaces, and traffic control.
- Demonstrated previous experience and expertise in the development and delivery of Safety programmes within a high risk multi-discipline environment
- The ability to analyse current state situations and introduce a cycle of continuous improvement.
- Effective communicator - enquiring and articulate with an ability to engage at all levels
- Strong monitoring and audit skills
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills
- Good level of competence in Microsoft suite
What you'll get in return
This is a positive and collaborative environment where the team enjoy coming to work every day and each team member is valued. You will receive a competitive salary and excellent career progression opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Cheryl on 09 884 1535 to hear more.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #2640265