Our client is a highly regarded main contractor based in Wellington who have earned a reputation for delivering the highest quality of projects. They are now looking for an experienced Health & safety professional to join their fantastic team. This is an extremely important role for the firm and will therefore be reporting directly into senior management.
Your new role
We are looking for someone who will have energy, is forward thinking, full of ideas and with a passion for keeping their people safe and therefore reducing risk to the business.
Will need to be prepared to get hands dirty, develop and design H & S systems, assist sites, investigate incidents, prepare H & S submissions. This is not an office only role!
You’ll be someone who uses their initiative and has excellent communications skills, coupled with prior experience in a similar operational environment, including particular application and implementation of HSE process and disciplines.
Other requirements include:
What you'll get in return
- Assist in the development and implementation of the HSE plan supporting best practices, reducing work process risks and continuous improvement in HSE performance
- Work closely with frontline managers across multiple sites to provide HSE leadership
- Assist in the development of and lead and drive the standardisation and implementation of key safety and sustainability management system processes.
- Provide expert HSE technical advice and support compliance with legislative obligations
- Lead and/or assist as a technical expert in the investigation into accidents, near-miss incidents, and occupational injuries to determine causes and review and recommend preventive measures
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with a firm that truly cares about the welfare of it's people. You will report directly into senior management and be rewarded with an excellent salary package and tools of trade.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, send to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jeremy Cameron on 04 886 3831 now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.