Your new company
At Hays we pride ourselves in being a global leader in recruitment, operating in 33 countries and employing a growing number of passionate, hardworking, and people-orientated teams across the globe.
We are people focussed and passionately believe that the right job can transform a person’s life, and the right person can transform a business. We are now seeking a skilled Health & Safety Coordinator to work with our Wellington team.
Your new role
As the Health and Safety Coordinator, you will sit within our Wellington office and work alongside our Health and Safety Manager, to ensure that risk to our permanent and casual workforce are identified and effectively manages to ensure the health and safety of our workers, so far as reasonably practicable.
Your role will be varied but will involve:
What you'll need to succeed
- Completing site assessments for high risk activities and monitoring compliance against relevant procedures ;
- Consult, cooperate and coordinate with Hays clients regarding health and safety of workers on site and where necessary, develop and follow recommendations to improve H&S procedures on site ;
- Promote H&S throughout the business by actively consulting, engaging and influencing managers and consultants;
- Providing training sessions and updates to the business and clients when it comes to any changes in H&S policies, procedures or legislation;
- Work alongside the Health and Safety Manager to record, investigate, escalate and report incidents, hazards, injuries or illnesses and thereafter assist in developing and corrective actions
To be successful in this role you will have a minimum of 12 months experience working as a Health and Safety Coordinator or within the management of health and safety and will display knowledge of New Zealand Health and Safety regulations and procedures.
We are seeking a Candidate who can contribute a good work ethic, a positive outlook, strong attention to detail and confident communication skills.
What you'll get in return
Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary package, fun and supportive work culture and guidance form an experienced and passionate Health and Safety Manager. At Hays we offer a range of additional benefits including flex hours, additional leave and paid volunteer days.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Jamie.Palmer@hays.net.nz
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #2650378