Your new company
Based in an ornate office in Wellington CBD, this government organisation are seeking a confident and experienced Finance Manager to lead their high performing finance team.
Your new role
In this role you will be reporting directly into the CFO whilst managing a team of 8 finance professionals and will ultimately be responsible for the provision of financial information/advice to the senior leadership team. Your specific duties and responsibilities will be to:
In order to succeed you will need to
- Lead and develop a high performing team
- Provide both financial information, reports, analysis and advice to Ministers, Executive Leadership Team and Budget Managers as required
- Manage Financial reporting requirements to Treasury which includes monthly reporting, forecasting, budgeting and other fiscal updates
- Management of the fixed asset register
- Ensure that all financial information and advice adheres to the relevant internal policies and procedures, statutory requirements, financial reporting standards (GAAP, NZ IFRS) and Cabinet/Treasury instructions
- Oversee the management and administration of the FMIS
- Oversee month end preparation
- Ensure tax obligations are met for both departmental and non departmental appropriations
- Deputise for the Director Finance/Chief Financial Officer and support other members of the Finance Group in fulfilling their duties as required
What you'll get in return
- Hold a current ICANZ CA membership or an equivalent qualification
- Demonstrate a high level of strategic and systems thinking ability
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and experience in preparing financial information and all associated processes, including up-to-date knowledge of financial reporting standards (NZ IFRS and GAAP);
- Demonstrate the ability for undertaking complex financial analysis
- Ability to coach individuals, facilitate groups and lead a team toward a common goal
This role is paying a competitive annual salary which will depend upon experience. It offers the flexibility to work from home and the offices are just a short walk from the train station for the days that you are on site.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #2683116