Your new company
This is an accomplished Mechanical Service company based in the South Island, formed on the foundations of Heating, Ventilation, and Air conditioning services. They have grown into a multi-specialized business, offering services across Heating and Ventilation, Plumbing and Drainage, Sheet Metal Fabrication, Medical Gases, Pool Water services, and Maintenance to many commercial and domestic businesses.
Your new role
With the growth in the business, they are now looking further strengthen the finance team in Christchurch with an experienced Finance Administrator that will assist in various capacities within the finance team.
Key Responsibilities of the Role.
• Daily management of creditors and debtors
• Administration of job reporting and system data
• Payroll management
• Core accounting entries and reconciliations
• Administration of weekly and monthly payments
• Monthly reporting, analysis and reconciliations
• Assist with ad-hoc queries
What you'll need to succeed
• 1+ year experience in a busy and varied accounts assistant position or similar, including payroll administration experience
• Knowledge and understanding of finance processes and experience supporting finance projects and continuous improvement initiatives
• Good working knowledge of modern accounting systems, including Microsoft Excel
• Strong organisation and prioritisation skills, with the ability to plan own workload
• Pride in the quality of your work and good attention to detail
• Ability to work well both in a team and autonomously, using own initiative
• Great verbal and written communication skills with ability to build relationships quickly with managers and employees
What you need to do now
This is a permanent part time role on average 25 to 30 hours per week.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.