Your new company
Electrix is a leading provider of engineering, construction and maintenance services in the utility, industrial, commercial, resources, and infrastructure sectors. Electrix has been in business in New Zealand since 1955 and in Australia since 1997.
About CRLThe City Rail Link (CRL) Project is the largest transport infrastructure project currently being undertaken in Aotearoa New Zealand. When complete this world-class rail system with its 3.45km twin tunnels, new underground stations at Aotea and Karangahape, and a redeveloped transport hub at Mt Eden will better connect the city's entire rail network.When fully operational, 54,000 passengers an hour will use CRL stations at peak times, travel across the city will become easier and it will reshape a vibrant and sustainable city for people to live in. The Link Alliance is a consortium of leading local and international construction and design companies responsible for delivering the tunnelling, stations and the rail systems contracts. Joining the Link Alliance will give you internationally recognised experience in an industry that is the future of sustainable transport initiatives around.
Your new role
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Construction Manager to join a team. The Construction is responsible for clearly delegating the workload and providing supervision/guidance for all construction activities. Collecting, verifying and approving timesheets and ensure all scheduled construction activities are performed in line with the requirements of the project. Building strong relationships with all external stakeholders and coordinate their site based activities and management as required for the delivery of projects within the agreed scope, timeframe, budget, quality and safety standards.
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- Trade qualification and preferably NZCE or diploma equivalent and a minimum of 10 years relevant experience
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities
- Experienced in scheduling, ordering, field supervision
- Analytical approach with the ability to examine complex problems and make sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and costs
- Well-developed computer skills
- Results oriented including the ability to meet deadlines and changes in priorities, in order to achieve required service levels
- Ability to work in a participative and consultative manner
- Positive, highly motivated, proactive and strong work ethic
- Committed to continuous improvement
At Electrix they strive to be an employer of choice and for the right candidates it can be the start of an interesting and varied career. Additional to that:
- Company provided health insurance for employee and dependents, subject to eligibility
- Generous Company KiwiSaver contributions, subject to KiwiSaver eligibility
- A company vehicle in accordance with the Company Vehicle Policy.
- Access to wellbeing initiatives
- Training and Development opportunities
All successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical and prove that they have received the Covid-19 vaccination
What you need to do now
For more information please contact Michael Sutcliffe at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 09 884 1570.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #2637356